Every game is played with some of the rules, every player is requested to follow these rules to play the game and win. Same as any other sports baseball also has some rules and regulations.
There are many rules in baseball that keep on changing from match to match. But there are some basic rules that always remain the same. Not only the people who play need to know the rules but also the ones who are interested in watching it.
Rules are different between any two games. It differs in all the games, also important to be followed while playing any of the games. There are many basic and important rules of baseball that help the judges to decide your chance of winning or losing.
Here are some of the rules of baseball, that people should know
Rules of the Baseball
- Baseball involves two playing teams with 9 players in each team.
- One round of the game lasts for 9 innings, both the teams get a chance to bat, both the teams fight to score more than each other.
- Also in the game, the batting order is fixed and cannot be changed.
- If the batter arranges to hit the ball from the pitcher, they must take a step to at least get to the initial base. Before being tagged out they are allowed to run as many bases as they want. All the bases should be covered and should be touched with the body when running past.
- Standing on the base, the battery can run to the next base at any point in the field.
- Each batter gets three strikes before getting out. A strike is only considered when the batter moves his hands to hit the ball and gets missed. The better has complete independence to leave the hit but if the ball reached the strike zone then a strike is also given. If the ball misses the strike zone and the batter does not hit it and like this continues for four times, then he has two moves to first base.
- The main theme of the game is to score more runs than the opponent team. There are about 9 players in both teams, and they all try to score more runs than the opposing team. The person who hits the ball should hit it hard and far to get more time to take runs.
- Runners try to defeat each other by running to the bases, also the runner is safe on the base until the next hitter reaches.
- When the batter hits the ball and it gets directly caught then the batter is out. Also if the batter fails to arrive at the base and the ball is thrown to the first base before.
- The catcher of the opposition team stands behind the batter and catches the ball if it is not hit.